Improved weather to prevail over PH on Thursday – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Generally improving weather will prevail over the country on Thursday, except in Kalayaan Island, where rain is expected due to the southwest monsoon, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Generally improving weather na po ang inaasahan natin sa malaking bahagi ng Luzon, maliban sa bahagi ng Kalayaan Islands na kung saan ay maaapektuhan pa rin ng habagat,” said Pagasa weather specialist Ana Clauren.
(In general, we expect improving weather in most of Luzon, except for the Kalayaan Islands, which will still be affected by the southwest monsoon.)
“Sa Metro Manila at nalalabi pang bahagi ng Luzon, maaliwalas na panahon ang inaasahan lalo na sa umaga hanggang tanghali, ngunit maging handa pa rin sa dakong hapon at gabi sa posibilidad ng mga pag-ulan ng localized thunderstorms” she added.
(In Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, clear weather is expected, especially in the morning to noon, but be prepared for possible localized thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.)
On the other hand, the entire Visayas and Mindanao will experience generally hot weather conditions with chances of isolated rain showers due to localized thunderstorms.
Meanwhile, despite the improving weather, Clauren said that gale warning is currently raised over the seaboards of Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Zambales, Bataan, Lubang Island and Kalayaan Islands.
The state weather service said the temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Wednesday would be:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.