Metro Manila, 7 other provinces to be under Alert Level 2 starting Feb. 1
MANILA, Philippines — Amid declining COVID-19 cases, Metro Manila and seven provinces will be placed under Alert Level 2 starting February 1, Malacañang said on Sunday.
These provinces are Batanes, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, Biliran, Southern Leyte, and Basilan.
Meanwhile, the following cities and provinces will be under Alert Level 3:
-City of Santiago
-Puerto Princesa City
-City of Isabela
-Zamboanga Del Sur
-Zamboanga del Norte
-Cagayan de Oro City
-Lanao del Norte
-Davao Del Sur
-Davao Del Norte
-Davao de Oro
-General Santos City
-Surigao del Norte
-Surigao Del Sur
-Agusan Del Norte
-Agusan del Sur
-Lanao Del Sur
Under Alert Levels 2 and 3, intrazonal and interzonal travel will be allowed subject to reasonable restrictions as may be determined by local government units.
However, under Alert Level 3, the following establishments are prohibited to operate:
-Face-to-face classes for basic education, except those previously approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases and/or the Office of the President
-Contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup
-Funfairs and kid amusement industries
-Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences
-Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President
-Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household
Alert level for Ifugao is still pending the approval of the IATF which will be decided on January 31, Nograles said.
The alert levels will be effective until February 15.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.