Ice cream store accidentally serves boy silica gel instead of frozen yogurt
A Häagen-Dazs store in Zhejiang, China, accidentally served a boy a frozen yogurt display model made of silica gel instead of the actual dessert.
The incident took place at a shopping center in Hangzhou City after the boy’s mother and uncle ordered a tub of frozen yogurt, as per Qianjiang Evening News via the South China Morning Post on June 2.
The display model was topped with real nuts, which were eaten by the boy. He only complained later on when he could not scoop up the yogurt and his mother discovered a “not for sale” label on the tub.
The store’s manager, identified as Xu, said the mistake was made during a busy period at their store, which was short-staffed at the time. He also said the employee who mistakenly served the boy the display model did not normally serve customers.
The boy was taken to the hospital where he was given a clean bill of health. His mother, however, is still concerned that her son’s health may be affected after he ate the nut toppings.
Meanwhile, the ice cream company recognized the employee’s negligence in a statement via Chinese micro-blogging site Weibo, and said they have reached an agreement with the customers involved. Cody Cepeda /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.