MMDA: DPWH to conduct road works from November 16 to 19
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will conduct road repairs and re-blocking in some of Metro Manila’s major roads this weekend, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced Friday.
In an advisory, the MMDA said the DPWH will start road works from 11 p.m. Friday, November 16, up to 5 a.m. Monday (November 19) on the following areas:
- C-5 Road near SM Aura (2nd outermost lane)
- EDSA Sct. Borromeo near GMA 7 (2nd lane from MRT lane) and Scout Albano –
Panorama Dev. Cor. Building (beside sidewalk)
- EDSA before Olivero footbridge (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Tandang Sora Ave. fronting Petron Gas Station
- Batasan Road near DSWD Central Office (4th lane from center)
- Mindanao Avenue after Road 20 (truck lane) and fronting Petron Gas Station (truck lane)
Meanwhile, restoration/concreting works will be conducted on the following roads:
- Quirino Highway (SB) from Villa Sabina to Belton Drive (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Visayas Avenue (SB) Visayas Ave. Riad 1 intersection (1st to half of 2nd lane from sidewalk)
- Along Commonwealth Ave. (Villa Beatriz)
Manila Water Co. Inc., will also undertake restoration activity along EDSA (Southbound) near corner Lion’s St. Brgy. Barangka Ilaya, Mandaluyong City starting 10 p.m. Friday, November 16, up to 5 a.m. Saturday, November 17.
Motorists were advised to avoid said areas and instead use alternate routes. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.