Quantcast
Latest Stories

Senators demand Comelec probe of PCOS incidents

By
pcos-machine

Senators in the joint oversight committee on the automated election system asked the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Thursday to conduct an investigation of certain incidents in the 2013 election where the precinct count optical scam (PCOS) machines apparently inaccurately counted the votes cast.

Posted: September 19th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

If I got DAP funds, I didn’t ask for them–Santiago

By
Miriam Santiago 2

MANILA, Philippines—Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago on Thursday said that if any funds sourced from the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) were listed as having been made available to her, she had not asked for these and that her office had received these “in due course.”   Commenting on reports that she was among the senators who benefited […]

Posted: September 19th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

No proof: ‘Makati fraud only on cash basis’

By
Lawyer Renato Bondal: Cash to cash INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Transactions in Makati when Vice President Jejomar Binay was the mayor of the city were done “cash to cash” so that there would be no paper trail, lawyer Renato Bondal said on Thursday.

Posted: September 19th, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Metro | Read More »

Makati building ready for use in 2011 but more floors added, increasing costs — Bondal

By
makati-parking-building

Makati City resolutions approved in 2011 supported the observations of the Commission on Audit chairperson that the Makati Parking Building or City Hall II had been ready for use by that year, before two more phases costing close to P1 billion were added to its construction, Renato Bondal, a critic of the Binay political clan, said on Thursday.

Posted: September 18th, 2014 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Pia Cayetano: For Torre de Manila builder, it’s we who must adjust

By ,
RIZAL IN CONDO’S SHADOW  The construction of the Torre de Manila, which mars the view of the Rizal Monument in Manila,  continues despite calls from various groups to stop the building.  INQUIRER FILE PHOTO / EDWIN BACASMAS

Sen. Pia Cayetano branded as an insult to Filipinos the position taken by the developer of the controversial Torre de Manila, which on Tuesday defended the rising 49-storey condominium project against critics who said it would ruin the view of Rizal Monument.

Posted: September 18th, 2014 in Headlines,Latest News Stories,Metro,Metro | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement