2 drug suspects killed in Batangas shootout | Inquirer News
Close  

2 drug suspects killed in Batangas shootout

/ 09:01 AM May 21, 2018

SAN PEDRO CITY – Two men were killed in a shootout with anti-drug operatives in Lian town in Batangas province, the regional police chief said on Monday.

Chief Supt. Guillermo Eleazar, director of the Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon (CALABARZON) police, identified the suspects as Paolo Villapando and Nelson Alab.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said Villapando was identified as an illegal drug personality in the neighboring Balayan town while Alab had been previously arrested for illegal drugs in Nasugbu town.

In a report, Eleazar said a team from Lian, Nasugbu and the provincial police headquarters conducted a buy-bust operation around 10:40 p.m. Sunday in Barangay (village) Matabungkay.

FEATURED STORIES

While the transaction was underway, the suspects allegedly suddenly opened fire but were consequently hit when authorities retaliated. The suspects died while undergoing treatment at Apacible Memorial District Hospital.

Recovered from the suspects were two guns and two sachets of suspected shabu or crystal meth, according to police.   /kga

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Batangas, Crime, Illegal drugs
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.