18 Army couples tie the knot
Eighteen couples from the Philippine Army tied the knot in a mass wedding ceremony at Fort Bonifacio on Tuesday, with President Rodrigo Duterte as one of the principal sponsors.
The marriage of the 16 Catholic couples was officiated by military bishop Leopoldo Tumulak at the St. Michael Chapel, while the two Evangelical/Christian couples was officiated by Rev. Lt. Col. Daneck Dang-awan and Lt. Col. Pablito Melchor in Fort Bonifacio Evangelical Church.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, Armed Forces chief Gen. Eduardo Año and Army chief Lt. Gen. Glorioso Miranda also served as sponsors.
Duterte and the other sponsors attended the mass wedding after the celebration of the Army’s 120th anniversary also held at Fort Bonifacio.
The couples who tied the knot were:
- Roweden B. Bleza and Marilyn D. Tasi
- Junmar M. Polles and Madelyn P. Cator
- Richard B. Ballesta and Arceili T. Edon
- Efren P. Tibuyen and Caridad F. Cacho
- Abelardo B. Tulio and Ruth A Villa
- Val T. Amper and Pamela A. Dueñas
- Udran Steve A. Landazabal and Jessie N. Montero
- Neil Owen Justice W. Mendoza and Danice A. Arce
- Anthony V. Arzaga and Clarita M. Doneda
- Rainan L. Tapiador and Izagani V. Guiron
- Arnold M. Tacadena and Ma Gregoria Manette M. Matusalem
- Louie R. Requizo and Ione R. Corpuz
- Johnday T. Jumao-as and Crist L. Omambac
- Jefry O. Cagandahan and Annagirly S. Cador
- Virgil A. Maneja and Jennibeth P. Mabbayad
- Ralph B. Tabug and SSg. Jonah May L. Otlang
- Michael T. Abapo and Mely L. Blaza
A wedding reception was held at Luna Hall of the Philippine Army Officers’ Clubhouse. JE
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.