Pagasa: Generally fair weather, light rains to prevail throughout PH
MANILA, Philippines — Generally fair weather will prevail in the country, while most parts of Luzon may experience cloudy skies and light rain due to the northeast monsoon or “amihan,” the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said Friday.
Weather specialist Grace Castañeda said that no weather disturbance will be experienced for the rest of the day.
“Sa kasalukuyan ay northeast monsoon pa rin ang umiiral dito sa bahagi ng Luzon wala tayo gaanong kaulapan na nakakaapekto dito sa ating bansa maliban na lamang yan sa ilang bahagi ng northern Luzon kung saan makakaranas pa rin ng maulap na kalangitan at mga pag-ulan na dulot ng amihan,” said weather specialist Grace Castañeda.
(The northeast monsoon continues to prevail in Luzon. The cloudy weather and light rain will not affect other parts of the country but will primarily affect northern Luzon.)
She added that fair weather might prevail throughout the country over the weekend.
However, the agency warned fisherfolk of high waves brought by amihan in some coastal waters located in northern parts of Luzon.
It raised a gale warning in Batanes, Cagayan (including the Babuyan Islands), Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, and La Union.
Meanwhile, below is the list of weather temperatures in the country’s key areas for Friday:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 24 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Cloudy skies, scattered rain over Luzon; localized thunderstorms to prevail in VisMin
Pagasa: LPA dissipates, ‘amihan’ continues to bring rain over Luzon
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.