SSS to provide calamity assistance package for Paeng victims
MANILA, Philippines — The Social Security System (SSS) will offer a Calamity Assistance Package (CAP) for its members and pensioners residing in areas placed under state of calamity by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
Through CAP, the victims badly affected by Severe Tropical Storm Paeng (international name: Nalgae) could get financial aid such as calamity loan assistance and a three-month advance pension for SSS and EC pensioners.
SSS noted that members living in places that NDRRMC marked as under state of calamity can receive the assistance package.
The areas under state of calamity:
- Albay and Catanduanes in Bicol region
- Quezon province, San Juan, Batangas, Biñan and San Pablo city, Laguna in Calabarzon region
- Ilocos Norte and Province of Cagayan in Northern Luzon
- Aklan, Capiz, Tibiao, Antique in Western Visayas
- Calbayog City, Samar in Eastern Visayas
- Zamboanga Del Norte and Zamboanga Del Sur in Zamboanga Peninsula
- Cotabato in Soccsksargen
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
- Muntinlupa City in National Capital Region
The state of calamity declared in those areas, according to President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr., will expire in six months.
—Trisha Manalaysay, trainee
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.