‘Agaton’ death toll rises to 172; over 2 million individuals displaced — NDRRMC
MANILA, Philippines — The death toll from Tropical Storm Agaton has risen to 172, while the number of displaced individuals breached the 2 million mark, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported on Sunday.
The NDRRMC said 156 of the reported deaths were from Eastern Visayas, 11 from Western Visayas, three from the Davao Region and another two from Central Visayas.
Eight people have also been reported injured, while 110 individuals continue to be missing.
Over 2 million affected
A total of 2,015,643 individuals or 583,994 families, meanwhile, have been displaced by the storm, said the NDRRMC.
It added that 207,572 displaced individuals or 58,492 families are still staying in evacuation centers, while 188,348 others or 110,741 families are staying in other facilities.
Damage to agriculture, meantime, was pegged at P249,826,730.06.
The Department of Agriculture, however, said the estimated damage, so far was around P718 million.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.