DSWD urges public to report cases of child trafficking
MANILA, Philippines — Report cases of child trafficking, including the illegal adoption of children facilitated through social media, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said in a statement issued on Wednesday, reiterating its appeal to the public.
“Strictly uphold the rights and protection of children by ensuring that they will be provided with a secure, nurturing, and loving environment where they can grow and achieve their full potential,” the DSWD said.
Monitoring child trafficking cases is part of its role as a member of the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT), which is tasked with implementing The Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012, or Republic Act No. 10364.
Those who wish to report incidents may use the following numbers:
- PNP Patrol 911 911
- PNP WCPC Luzon 0945-863-2235 or (022)420-6460
- PNP WCPC Visayas (032) 410 84 83
- PNP WCPC Mindanao 0928-604-6425 or 0917-180-6037
- PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group (02) 723-0401 local 5354 Fax No. (02) 414-1560
- NBI (02) 523-8231 to 38 local 3454 to 3455
- DOJ Office of Cybercrime (02) 524-82-16
- DSWD Psychosocial Support Hotline/ RRPTP Hotline – (02) 8931-9141
- Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO)/IACAT- 1343
- Bantay Bata 163
“The Department will continue to work closely with law enforcement units and other concerned government agencies in ensuring that the best interest of children will be upheld at all times,” the DSWD said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.