Islamic State claims responsibility for Pakistani mosque attack
CAIRO — Islamic State claimed responsibility for a deadly bomb blast inside a Shi’ite mosque in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar on Friday, the group said in a statement.
It added the attack had killed at least 50 and injured more than 200 people.
Pakistani Police and hospital officials said earlier on Friday the attack killed at least 56 people.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.