SC issues TRO vs Comelec decision to disqualify 3 party-list groups
MANILA, Philippines — The Supreme Court (SC) has issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) against the decision of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) denying the accreditation of three party lists in next year’s polls.
In three separate orders furnished to the media on Tuesday, the SC issued TROs in favor of Ang Tinig ng Seniors, Lingkud Bayanihan Party, and Mindanao Indigenous Peoples Conference for Peace and Development after the said party-list groups filed a petition for the high court to review the decision made by the poll body.
The SC said the Comelec is prohibited from “enforcing its assailed order” which rejected the accreditation of the three party-list groups.
Comelec was also ordered to submit its comments on the petition within a non-extendible period of ten days.
The SC previously issued a TRO against the decision of the poll body to deny the accreditation of Igorot Warriors International, Inc. and Alliance for Resilience, Sustainability, and Empowerment.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.