COVID-19 patients moved from mega-treatment facilities to hospitals, hotels | Inquirer News
Close  
AS TYPHOON ROLLY APPROACHES

COVID-19 patients moved from mega-treatment facilities to hospitals, hotels

By: - Reporter / @ConsINQ
/ 11:36 PM October 31, 2020

Defense Undersecretary Ricardo Jalad, NDRRM executive director and Office of Civil Defense administrator (File photo from the Office of Civil Defense)

MANILA, Philippines — COVID-19 patients have been transferred from mega-treatment facilities to hospitals and hotels as the country braces for Typhoon Rolly, internationally known as Goni, which is expected to make landfall on Sunday morning, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Saturday.

The patients were previously housed in big tents at the Philippine Arena in Bulacan and several locations in Metro Manila — the Philippine International Convention Center, the Ninoy Aquino Stadium, the Rizal Memorial Stadium, Defense Undersecretary Ricardo Jalad said in an online press briefing on Typhoon Rolly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jalad is the administrator of the Office Civil Defense and the executive director of the NDRRMC.

According to Jalad, there have been no reports of people who got infected with COVID-19 inside the evacuation centers set up for Typhoon Quinta.

FEATURED STORIES

RELATED STORY

Rolly prompts mass evacuations in Luzon

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: COVID-19 patients, COVID-19 treatment facilities, NDRRMC, Ricardo Jalad, Typhoon Rolly
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.