QC COVID-19 watch: 942 cases, 60 deaths, 64 recoveries
MANILA, Philippines — Nearly 1,000 residents in Quezon City are now afflicted with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Sixty patients have died while 64 others have recovered.
Based on data from the Department of Health (DOH), the city government said there are 942 COVID-19 cases in the city as of 11 p.m. April 13.
The total number of COVID-19 patients with complete addresses in the city is 747, while the local government was able to validate 597 cases.
Meanwhile, there are 472 COVID-19 cases in the city that are considered active.
Barangay Matandang Balara recorded the most number of cases in the city, with 29 cases, followed by Barangay Batasan Hills with 28 cases and Pasong Tamo with 21 cases.
Thirty-one barangays remain under extreme enhanced community quarantine due to the high number of cases.
As of April 13, the city government said a temporary quarantine facility, dubbed as “Hope 1”, already reached its maximum capacity of 23 COVID-19 patients and 17 persons under investigation (PUIs).
Meanwhile, its second temporary quarantine facility “Hope 2” still has 91 beds available.
The local government unit has already started its community-based COVID-19 testing on Monday, with 167 residents undergoing the test so far.
Residents who want to get tested for the disease are advised to proceed to their barangay health centers for preliminary interviews and evaluation.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.