Baby girls drowns in bucket
BACOLOD CITY – A six-month-old girl drowned in a bucket early Monday morning while her parents, both vendors, were asleep at the Libertad Public Market in Barangay 40 here.
Police Captain Elmer Bonilla said the baby was sleeping on a table with her exhausted parents when she apparently rolled off and fell into the bucket at around 2 a.m.
The bucket was reportedly filled with water and oxalic acid, a chemical used mainly to remove stains, and wash fruits and vegetables.
The infant was transported to Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital where efforts to revive her failed. (Editor: Gilbert S. Gaviola)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.