#WalangPasok: Classes suspended in Visayas, Mindanao due to Samuel
Classes in Visayas and Mindanao were suspended on Tuesday as Tropical Depression Samuel moves closer to the central and southern regions of the country.
The regional offices of the affected schools announced the suspension of classes following the threat of Samuel, which is now packing maximum sustained winds of 55 kilometers per hour (kph) and gustiness of up to 65 kph.
The following local government councils declared the cancelation of classes:
- Claveria, Misamis Oriental
- Himamaylan, Negros Occidental
- La Castellana, Negros Occidental
- Lanuza, Surigao del Sur
- Negros Oriental (up to Wednesday)
- Pulupandan, Negros Occidental
- Surigao City
- Surigao del Norte
- Tacloban City
- Toboso, Negros Occidental
- Valencia, Bukidnon
- San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Cabadbaran City
- Butuan City
PRESCHOOL TO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- Cadiz City, Negros Occidental (until Wednesday)
- Danao City, Cebu (public schools only)
- Gingoog City
- Sagay, Negros Occidental
- San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Talisay, Negros Occidental
PRESCHOOL TO ELEMENTARY
- Bago, Negros Occidental
- Bayabas, Surigao del Sur
- E.B. Magalona, Negros Occidental
- Iloilo City
- San Carlos, Negros Occidental
- Valladolid, Negros Occidental
- Victorias, Negros Occidental
- Kalibo, Aklan
- Bacolod City
- Bislig City
- Misamis Oriental
- Silay, Negros Occidental
As of 4 a.m., Samuel was last spotted 395 kilometers east of Surigao City, Surigao del Norte. About 28 areas were also placed under storm signal number 1 by the state weather bureau.
Click here for more weather related news."
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.