outbrain
Close  

Cebu City starts deployment of disaster, emergency personnel

By: - Day Desk Editor / @dbongcac
/ 08:27 AM November 20, 2018

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña. INQUIRER FILE

The Cebu City government has started to deploy disaster and emergency personnel in strategic locations to make sure that help will be readily available for Cebuanos who will be affected by the ill effects of Tropical Depression “Samuel.”

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña said in a Facebook post early today (November 20) that ambulances had been stationed in Barangays Lusaran, Agsungot, Tabunan and Taptap.

ADVERTISEMENT

He added that five heavy equipment teams with payloaders and dump trucks had also been deployed “for clearing operations in case of landslides.”

Two hazard rescue teams were also stationed in Barangay T. Padilla in the north district and in
Barangay Mambaling in the south district while 29 fire brigades monitor developments in urban barangays.

FEATURED STORIES

Barangay schools and sports complexes have also been prepared to accommodate evacuees, the mayor said.

“Relief goods have been decentralized to these centers so we will not have to worry about distribution later on,” he added. /cbb

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cebu City, news, storm, Tomas Osmeña, Tropical Depression Samuel
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.