Palace condemns Sultan Kudarat blast | Inquirer News

Palace condemns Sultan Kudarat blast

By: - Reporter / @NCorralesINQ
/ 11:21 AM August 29, 2018

Malacañang on Wednesday condemned the bombing in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat that killed two people and injured 36 others.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque assured the public that government will apply the full force of the law to hunt down and punish the people behind the blast.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms the bombingin Sultan Kudarat last night,” Roque said in a statement.

 

FEATURED STORIES

READ: 2 killed, 36 hurt in Sultan Kudarat bombing

“Well, siyempre po kinokondena natin iyan at wala pong ikabubuti iyang mga ganyang pangyayari,” Roque said in a radio dzRH interview.

An improvised bomb, placed inside a motorbike in front of a business establishment in baranagy Kalawag 3, went off at 8:30 p.m.

 
“Authorities are now investigating the incident and we vow to bring the perpetratorsof this brazen attack to justice.We will apply the full force ofthe law,” Roque said.

The bombing happened as the entire Mindanao remains under martial law.

“Ang pangako po ng ating Pangulo, ang Mindanao po ay nasa martial law pa rin at gagawinpo nating lahat para malamankung sino ang nasa likod nitong pagbobomba namang ito sa Sultan Kudarat,” Roque said in a radio dzRH interview.

“Ang pangako po ng ating Pangulo, ang Mindanao po ay nasa martial law pa rin at gagawin po nating lahat para malaman kung sino ang nasa likod nitong pagbobomba namang ito sa Sultan Kudarat,” Roque said.

“Parurusahan po natin iyan, ipaparamdam po natin sa kanila ang lakas ng ating mga batas at iyong mensahe na hindi pupuwede na hindi napaparusahan iyang mga ganyang mga gawain,” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Palace official said the latest bombing in Mindano will not affect the Bangsamoro Organic Law, which was signed by President Rodrigo Duterte last month.

“Sa ngayong po we would like to be in good faith to all our partners diyan sa Mindanao, ang importante po talaga ay paganahin iyong sistema ng ating batas ng sa ganoon napaparusahan ang mga lumalabag sa ating mga batas,” he said.  /muf

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bombing, International news, Isulan, Local news, Martial law, Mindanao, Philippine News, Sultan Kudarat, Terrorism
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.