Home » State budget
You are browsing entries tagged with “State budget”
By Gil C. Cabacungan
Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s congressional allies, including at least three who are now key allies of President Aquino, spent a total of P10.6 billion on their pet public works projects and P3.9 billion to augment their pork barrel allotments during the last six months of her administration.
By Dona Z. Pazzibugan
After worrying earlier how it could support the former “pork barrel scholars,” the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) can rest easy after receiving a record P4 billion for college scholarships for the next school year.
At least P9 million was set aside for the first state visit of President Benigno Aquino III to Malaysia on Thursday, Malacañang said in a statement.
Lawmakers are allowed to introduce amendments to the national expenditure program during the committee hearing of the appropriations bill and during floor debates, according to the Senate Legislative Budget Research and Monitoring Office.
By TJ Burgonio
Nine senators who had their pork barrel totaling P1.8 billion realigned to projects and the calamity fund in the 2014 national budget were well within their rights to do so, Sen. Francis Escudero said on Wednesday. For instance, Escudero said, Sen. Jinggoy Estrada was doing his job when he introduced an amendment to allot [...]
By Michael Lim Ubac
With the abolition of the special allotment release order (Saro), the Aquino administration will be hitting the ground running in 2014, Malacañang officials said.
In October last year, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) launched an investigation of the special allotment release orders (Saros) issued in Cagayan Valley worth P161 million and in Western Visayas worth P77 million.
Goodbye Saros. The Department of Budget and Management announced Thursday the demise of special allotment release orders (Saros), which were faked last year as part of what it called a “well-established and highly coordinated racket.”
By Norman Bordadora
The bicameral conference committee on Tuesday passed a P2.264-trillion national budget bill, leaner with the deletion of P3.2-billion worth of pork barrel, but packed with more than P140-billion in lump sums for post-disaster rebuilding, calamity and quick-response funds, and related allocations.
By Maila Ager
A resolution, extending the validity of this year’s calamity-related funds for another year, was adopted by the Senate on Tuesday.
By Leila B. Salaverria
The House of Representatives voted on Monday, to extend the validity of calamity and quick response funds for 2013 to the end of 2014, thereby allowing the government more time to use these amounts to rebuild calamity areas.
By Gil C. Cabacungan
Budget Secretary Florencio Abad has disowned his alleged signature on the fake special allotment release orders (Saros) for P879 million worth of farm-to-market road (FMR) projects that the National Bureau of Investigation is looking into.
By Nikko Dizon
President Aquino will ask Congress to amend the 2014 national budget to provide funds for the rehabilitation of provinces hit by disasters this year.