Close  

No reaction from Kuwaiti gov’t yet amid total deployment ban – Bello

By: - Reporter / @FMOrellanaINQ
/ 03:33 PM February 12, 2018

President Rodrigo Duterte and Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III (FILE Photo from the Presidential Communications Operations Office)

The Kuwaiti government has yet to make its position known regarding the just-issued total ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to the Gulf State, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III said.

“Surprisingly, hindi pa tumatawag,” Bello said in an interview over Radyo Inquirer 990 AM.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: PH issues total ban on deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait

Bello noted that the ambassador of Kuwait previously told him that Filipinos working in Kuwait is respectful of the Filipinos working in their country.

“Tatlong beses kaming nag usap ni Ambassador Althwaikh, at dalawang beses pa nga siyang dumalaw sa Pilipinas, sa tanggapan namin,” Bello said. “Sinasabi niya nga na they’re protecting our employees; ‘yung mga workers natin, ginagalang ang kanilang karapatan.”                   /kga

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: ban, deployment, Kuwait, OFWs, Philippine, Total
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.