Electoral protest: Robredo confident nothing will change after recount
LIGAO CITY — Vice President Leni Robredo is confident and very sure that there was no cheating that happened during the 2016 May polls.
On Wednesday, during a visit in Albay to deliver relief goods to evacuees from an exploding Mount Mayon, Robredo said the request of former Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. for a recount of ballots would not change anything because the result of the elections for vice president was fair and honest.
“I have no worries at all because we know that there was no cheating,” Robredo said. “And we expect the same result as that came out after the elections.”
She said her camp had been cooperative with the Supreme Court, sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal.
The first retriveal of ballots was done in Naga City on Tuesday.
She said her lawyers and watchers were on guard to make sure that there would be no untoward incident during the recount.
Robredo is praying that the issue will be resolved the soonest possible time.
“Until this issue is not resolved, Marcos is given the opportunity to spin stories that are false,” she said. “But if this is resolved as soon as possible, there won’t be anymore space for him to make up stories.” /atm
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.