Corpse undiscovered for 3 days in Aussie fast-food restaurant
A popular fast-food chain in Perth, Western Australia, is under probe after a dead man’s body was found sprawled and neglected on a toilet cubicle of one of the chain’s outlets for three days.
According to reports from BBC and Perth Now, the man was believed to have died on Friday evening at the toilet of a Hungry Jack’s outlet, an Australian franchise of Burger King. However, the body was discovered by the fast-food chain’s employees only on Monday morning, even though the restaurant was open 24 hours on Saturday and until 10 p.m. on Sunday.
This made the local police “discover” that the Hungry Jack’s toilet was not cleaned or sanitized for three days.
Authorities are investigating the incident, which is not deemed as “suspicious.” They suspected that the unidentified man died due to a drug overdose. The Hungry Jack’s branch was reportedly under investigation for its health and safety compliance.
“Hungry Jack’s is cooperating with all relevant authorities regarding the matter at its restaurant in Balga, Western Australia. Our thoughts are with all concerned,” the fast food chain’s management said in a statement. Gianna Francesca Catolico
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.