Hold order on Binays now in force
The hold departure order against former Vice President Jojo Binay, his son ex-Makati Mayor Junjun Binay and 19 others in connection with the P2.28-billion Makati parking building case in the Sandiganbayan is in effect, according to the Bureau of Immigration.
BI spokesperson Tonette Mangrobang said the agency received a copy of the HDO against the Binays and their corespondents on Thursday morning from the antigraft court’s Third Division.
“After receipt of the HDO we need to draft an implementing order and that is for Commissioner Jaime Morente’s signature,” Mangrobang said.
“Our system had been alerted since Wednesday because of the issuance of the HDO,” she added.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.