In Bukidnon, gov promises reliable drug list
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY—To prevent cases of mistaken identities in the war on drugs in his province, Bukidnon Gov. Jose Ma. Zubiri said he has formed a group tasked with coming up with a reliable list of drug suspects.
Zubiri said the group, to be composed of village and town officials, has since drawn up a list of drug lords and pushers in the province, and their protectors.
Some on the list had surrendered after being told that their involvement in drugs has been discovered, he said.
“I have a list of big-time drug lords and pushers, but not one of them is a politician or a policeman,” Zubiri told reporters during the turnover of 12 suspected pushers from his province to the National Bureau of Investigation regional office here on Monday.
It was the third time that Zubiri escorted drug suspects to the NBI.
Zubiri said while no policeman or politician had been tagged as directly involved in drugs in his province by the group that he formed, he admitted that one politician and a few police officers have been identified as protectors. Jigger Jerusalem, Inquirer Mindanao
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.