Dela Rosa orders major revamp in PNP on 1st day as chief
The change is indeed here—even for the country’s primary law enforcement organization.
Right after taking his oath on Friday as the new chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa buckled down to work and immediately ordered the relief of top police officials.
In an unprecedented move, Dela Rosa sacked over 30 police officials, including senior officers identified with losing presidential candidate Manuel “Mar” Roxas II, an adopted member of the Philippine Military Academy “Maharlika” Class of 1984.
Among the PMA ’84 members relieved were Police Director Generoso Cerbo, former Directorate for Intelligence chief, and Police Director Joel Pagdilao, former National Capital Region Police Office chief.
Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde, Dela Rosa’s “mistah” in the PMA “Sinagtala” Class of 1986 obtained Pagdilao’s juicy post.
The new police chief met with the new officers in his first command conference at Camp Crame on the same day he took his oath before President Rodrigo Duterte.
The reorganization was recommended by the Senior Officers Placement and Promotion Board (SOPPB) for immediate implementation by the Directorate for Personnel and Records Management (DPRM).
“Upon my assumption today, I have ordered a reorganization of senior officers occupying key positions in the PNP command group, directorial staff, regional police offices and national support units,” Dela Rosa said.
He said the reorganization was based on the time-honored tradition in the police service recognizing the merit, seniority and competence of officers in the selection process.
“I urge the entire 170,000 strong officers, men and women of the PNP to rally behind the newly organized Team PNP,” he said.
Designated to new positions effective July 1 were:
- PDDG Francisco A Uyami – The Acting Deputy Chief for Administration;
- PDir Benjamin B Magalong – Officer-in-Charge, The Deputy Chief for Operations;
- PCSupt Ramon C Apolinario – Officer-in-Charge, The Chief for Directorial Staff;
- PCSupt Fernando H Mendez Jr. – The Acting Director, Directorate for Personnel and Records Management;
- PCSupt Nestor F Quinsay – Officer-in-Charge, Directorate for Intelligence;
- PCSupt Camilo Pancratius P Cascolan – The Acting Director, Directorate for Operations;
- PCSupt Maria Victor DF Ramos – The Acting Director, Directorate for Logistics;
- PCSupt Archie Francisco F Gamboa – The Acting Director, Directorate for Comptrollership;
- PCSupt Augusto M Marquez Jr. – The Acting Director, Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management;
- PDir Victor P Deona – The Acting Director, DIPO-Northern Luzon;
- PDir Moro Virgilio M Lazo – The Acting Director, DIPO-Visayas;
- PSSupt Dionardo B Carlos – Spokesperson/Officer-in-Charge, Chief PIO;
- PCSupt Oscar D Albayalde – Acting RD, NCRPO;
- PCSupt Gilbert C Sosa – Acting RD, PRO 2;
- PCSupt Wilben M Mayor – Acting RD, PRO 4B;
- PCSupt Melvin Ramon G Buenafe – Acting RD, PRO 5;
- PCSupt Jose L Gentiles – Acting RD, PRO 6;
- PCSupt Noli G Taliño – Acting RD, PRO 7;
- PCSupt Elmer C Beltejar – Acting RD, PRO 8;
- PCSupt Agripino G Javier – Acting RD, PRO ARMM;
- PCSupt Elmo Francis O Sarona – Acting RD, PRO COR;
- PSSupt Roberto B Fajardo – Acting DD, Northern Police District;
- PSSupt Romulo E Sapitula – Acting DD, Eastern Police District;
- PSSupt Joel Napoleon M Coronel – Acting DD, Manila Police District;
- PSSupt Tomas C Apolinario Jr. – Acting DD, Southern Police District;
- PSSupt Guillermo Lorenzo T Eleazar – Acting DD, Quezon City Police District;
- PCSupt Roel B Obusan – Acting Director, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group;
- PCSupt Federico L Dulay Jr. – Acting Director, Civil Security Group;
- PCSupt Benjamin M Lusad – Acting Director, Special Action Force;
- PSSupt Antonio N Gardiola Jr – Acting Director, Highway Patrol Group;
- PSSupt Ma. O R Aplasca – Acting Director, Aviation Security Group;
- PSSupt Edmund A Gonzales – Acting Director, Maritime Group;
- PSSupt Charlo C Collado – Acting Director, Intelligence Group;
- PSSupt Rene O Aspera – Acting Director, Police Security Protection Group;
- PSSupt Gilbert DC Cruz – Acting Director, Police Community Relations Group;
- PSSupt Manolo N Ozaeta – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Kidnapping Group;
- PSSupt Albert Ignatius D Ferro – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Illegal Drugs Group;
- PSSupt Reczon Tito T Acabado – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Cybercrime Group;
- PCSupt Lyndon G Cubos – Acting Director, Finance Service;
- PCSupt Edwin C Roque – Acting Director, Legal Service; and
- PCSupt Prudencio Tom T Bañas – Acting Director, Police Retirement Benefit Service/rga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.