Woman in Malaysia electrocuted to death while talking on charging phone
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia—A woman was electrocuted to death while she was talking on her mobile phone as it was charging.
Suhana Mohamad, 30, was struck by the electrical currents at her home in Taman Desa Baiduri, Cheras at about 11.30 p.m. Friday.
Her husband Raja Asri Raja Mat, a policeman with the Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter-Terrorism (E8) unit, was sleeping during the incident.
Kajang deputy OCPD Supt Abdul Ghani Mohamad Ji said Suhana was sent to the Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM), where she was pronounced dead on arrival by medical personnel.
Prayers were held at Bukit Aman before Suhana’s body was brought to Gua Musang, Kelantan for burial.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.