Drilon, Sotto top SWS Q1 senatorial poll
Liberal Party stalwart and Senate President Franklin Drilon snagged the top spot of the list of 12 probable winners in the senatorial race, Social Weather Stations (SWS) said in its latest survey conducted from March 30 to April 2.
According to the results of the SWS first quarter survey which were released by BusinessWorld on Monday, Drilon clinched the top spot in the list of probable winners with 45 percent.
Not far behind him is incumbent Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III with 42 percent.
Tied at 37 percent are former Agricultural Modernization Secretary Francis Pangilinan and former senator Panfilo Lacson.
Completing the list of those who have entered the “magic 12” are:
- former Justice Secretary Leila de Lima (31 percent)
- former senator Juan Miguel Zubiri (31 percent)
- Sarangani representative and boxing icon Manny Pacquiao (31 percent)
- former Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (Philhealth) director Risa Hontiveros (30 percent)
- reelectionist Senator Sergio Osmena III (30 percent)
- reelectionist Senator Ralph Recto (30 percent)
- former senator Richard Gordon (30 percent)
- former Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Tesda) chief Joel Villanueva.
The survey, which had a +/-3 error margin, had 1,500 respondents.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.