Coast Guard serves hold-departure order vs Nokor ship crew
SUBIC BAY FREEPORT—Officials of the Philippine Coast Guard on Tuesday served a hold-departure notice to the crew of the North Korean cargo ship that was impounded here since last week.
Lt. Cdr. Jonathan Marfil, station commander of Coast Guard Subic station, said the notice was received by Han Thae Hwan, captain of MV Jin Teng, at about 5 p.m.
“We served the notice that directs them not to leave Subic Bay. The ship’s captain didn’t object,” Marfil told reporters here.
Marfil was accompanied by representatives of the Bureau of Customs, Bureau of Immigration, Philippine National Police, and Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority.
Speaking through South Korean reporter Ku Bon Kuk, the crewmen said they would cooperate with the Philippine government.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.