Revilla: I’m ready to die if they don’t treat me right
MANILA, Philippines—Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. is confident that the truth will eventually come out amid a pending warrant of arrest that would be issued against him.
At the same time, he warned that if he would be subjected to indignities during his arrest it may mean his death.
“Lalabas ang katotohanan at maaabswelto tayo dito,” he said in a radio interview Thursday.
He said the government is after him first because of his criticisms of the Aquino administration.
“Ang target talaga nilang unahin ay ako [dahil ako ang pinaka diretsong umaatake sa kanila]. Okay lang. Handa ako,” he said.
“Maybe they see that the public is on my side,” he said further.
He confirmed his lawyer’s statement on his decision to go to the Sandiganbayan once an arrest warrant is out.
“Basta’t lumabas na yung warrant of arrest, diretso tayong pupunta sa Sandiganbayan,” he said.
‘Wag lang nila akong bababuyin. Kung poposasan pa tayo at ako’y kakaladkarin, handa na kong mamatay pagganun,” Revilla said.
He said he was expecting the arrest as early as Wednesday, which had become a burden to his family.
“The torture it had brought to my family is different. It goes way back since the elections. Spare them,” he said.
“I thought [the arrest] was today. Maybe they will change their minds, but I’m still ready. I’m ready to be detained anywhere,” he said.
He said he gets his strength from his supporters. “It’s my way of saying thank you.”
Revilla and his colleagues, Senators Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile were charged with graft and plunder arising from their alleged involvement in the pork barrel scam.
Earlier in the day, Sandiganbayan found probable cause against Revilla.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.