Boy chokes to death on a fish ball | Inquirer News

Boy chokes to death on a fish ball

/ 01:53 PM June 03, 2014

A boy eats a fishball at an informal settlers area in Manila on February 16, 2011. AFP FILE PHOTO

SUNGAI PETANI, Malaysia–A four-year-old child choked to death on a fish ball at an upscale residential area here.

The deceased was identified as Lim Wei Kiat.

ADVERTISEMENT

The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 2, when Wei Kiat took the delicacy from his mother at a relative’s house at Resort Home in Persiaran Cinta Sayang.

The boy popped the fish ball, which was the size of a 50 sen coin, in a hurry, imitating how his mother was eating it then

FEATURED STORIES

However, it got stuck in his throat and his mother tried in vain to get it out.

A relative, identified only as Wong, rushed him to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital for treatment.

Medical assistants at the hospital’s emergency unit tried to save him, but the boy died three hours later due to insufficient oxygen.

Kuala Muda district police chief Assistant Commissioner of Police Khalil Arifin said the case had been classified as sudden death.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: choke, fishball, Persiaran Cinta Sayang, sudden death, Wei Kiat
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.