Santiago tells DOJ: Release Napoles list to stop Enrile’s ‘misinformation campaign’
MANILA, Philippines—Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago said Friday that Justice Secretary Leila De Lima should release the list of all those involved in the pork barrel scam so as to stop the alleged misinformation campaign headed by Senator Juan Ponce Enrile.
Santiago urged De Lima to publish the list made by Napoles that named all those implicated in the P10-billion pork barrel scam which allegedly included several former and current senators.
“Part of Enrile’s diversionary tactics are the statement of his allies – Napoles and Lacson – that each one has a list of implicated persons, which will naturally include the names of all the Enrile enemies like myself, and the two Cayetano senators,” Santiago said in a press conference Friday.
Previously, Santiago said that a misinformation campaign was being waged by Enrile to muddle the issue of his guilt.
Enrile, along with senators Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon Revilla Jr., are the three senator charged with plunder in connection with the scam.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.