PNP honors 10 outstanding policewomen
MANILA, Philippines—For showing outstanding performance in their craft, 10 policewomen from all police offices in the country were given tribute by the Philippine National Police on Thursday.
The 2013 Ten Outstanding Policewomen of the Philippines (TOPWP) awardees were recognized in a ceremony held at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center in its headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
According to Chief Superintendent Reuben Theodore Sindac, PNP Public Information Office chief, the giving of awards has been delayed for a year due to the disaster brought by Super Typhoon Yolanda in Eastern Visayas, which killed more than 6,000.
“Since 2001, the PNP has recognized and honored policewomen who have shown exceptional accomplishments in the different fields of police work like police community relations, intelligence, investigations, and special operations by providing their utmost dedication and commitment,” Sindac said.
Director General Alan Purisima, PNP chief, officials of Zonta Club Makati-Paseo de Roxas and gun maker Arms Corporation of the Philippines awarded gun certificates and cash to the TOPWP honorees.
The 10 policewomen who made it to the list are:
- Senior Superintendet Herminigilda Dumaguin Salangad – Chief, Regional Health Service, National Capital Region Police Office
- Superintendent Maria Leonora Chua Camarao – Officer-in-charge, Discipline, Law and Order Division, DPRM
- Chief Inspector Gemma Vidal Braganza – Chief of Police, Pinukpuk Municipal Police Station, Kalinga Provincial Police Office, Cordillera Police
- Inspector Jovelyn Abe Bañares – Chief of Police, Iguig Police Station, Cagayan Police Provincial Office, PRO 2
- Inspector Arieza Velasco Otida – Pre-Charge Investigator, Investigation And Detective Management Branch, Cebu City Police Office, PRO 7
· Senior Police Officer 3 Melinda Kairan Amsali – PCR PCNO, Tetuan Police Station, Zamboanga City Police Office, PRO 9
- Senior Police Officer 1 Cheryl Quinto Saldo – WCPD/HRAO, Surigao Del Norte PPO, PRO13
- Senior Police Officer 1 Ruth Bongo Violango – Investigator, Homicide Section, Cebu City Police Office, PRO 7
- Police Officer 3 Annaliza Palicpic Flores – PCR PNCO, Aviation Security Group
- Police Officer2 Cheryl Lyn Wagas Ano-Os – PCR/FPGS, PNCO, Ozamis City Police Station, PRO 10
“Many inspiring stories from our policewomen were already etched out in the history of the PNP. These stories demonstrate what women empowerment means to us,” said Purisima in his message to the awardees.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.