Dawn fire in Lapu-lapu | Inquirer News
Close  

Dawn fire in Lapu-lapu

/ 08:54 AM December 05, 2013

CLOSE to half a million pesos in property was destroyed when fire broke out in barangay Basak, Lapu-Lapu City.

The fire started at the house of Gina Cuenca. Firefighters received the alarm at 1:05 a.m. yesterday and put out the flames around 3 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

FO3 Climaco Salisid of the Lapu-Lapu City Fire Department said the fire may have been caused by a lighted mosquito coil or a spark from an electrical switch.

Aside from Cuenca’s house, the fire also razed an upholstery shop, a refrigeration shop, a sari-sari store, a vulcanizing shop, an electrical shop, a water refilling station and the houses of Gina Natividad, Loloy Lascuta and Mary Ann Ondoy.

FEATURED STORIES

The City Social Welfare Services (CSWS) of Lapu-Lapu City assessed the extent of damage yesterday so assistance could be given to the fire victims./CORRESPONDENT NORMAN V. MENDOZA

 

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Barangay Basak, Fire, Lapu-Lapu city, Metro
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.