UK: Prince Harry got extra security during attack
LONDON— Britain’s defense secretary says Prince Harry got extra protection when the Taliban attacked his base in Afghanistan last Friday.
Philip Hammond says the prince, a helicopter pilot, was moved to a secure position once it was clear that the perimeter of Camp Bastion had been breached.
In an interview with the BBC Monday night, Hammond said: “He is serving there as an ordinary officer but clearly there are additional security arrangements in place that recognize that he could be a target himself specifically as a result of who he is.”
Two U.S. Marines were killed and six planes were destroyed. The Taliban said the attack was staged to avenge a film that insulted Islam and because Harry is serving at the base.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.