Miaa: Local flights canceled due to Typhoon ‘Goring,’ southwest monsoon
Manila, Philippines — Some local flights were canceled on Tuesday due to the combined effects of Typhoon “Goring” (international name: Saola) and the southwest monsoon, said the Manila International Airport Authority (Miaa).
According to the state weather bureau in a weather forecast, Goring is currently affecting several parts of Extreme Northern Luzon, strengthening the effects of the southwest monsoon, locally known as the “habagat.”
Goring was last spotted 175 kilometers (km) east northeast of Apari, Cagayan, or 190 km east southeast of Calayan, Cagayan, carrying wind speeds of 155 km per hour (kph) and gusts of up to 190 kph.
In an advisory, the Miaa listed the following canceled flights:
Philippine Airlines (PAL) Express (2P)
- 2P 2905/2906 Manila-Antique-Manila
- 2P 2932/2933 Manila-Basco-Manila
Cebu Pacific (5J)
- 5J 504/505 Manila-Tuguegarao-Manila
- 5J 506/507 Manila-Tuguegarao-Manila
- DG 6177/6178 Manila-Masbate-Manila
- DG 6047/6048 Manila-Busuanga-Manila
Sunlight Air (2R)
- 2R 637/638 Manila-Busuanga-Manila