Man electrocuted in Olongapo while painting signboard

Man electrocuted in Olongapo while painting signboard FILE PHOTO

OLONGAPO CITY — A man sustained injuries after he was electrocuted while painting a signboard of a hotel in Barangay Barretto here on Monday (March 27), police said.

Investigators identified the victim as Marlon Cunanan, who accidentally touched a high-tension wire and fell on the ground.

Rescue responders rushed to the scene and found the victim lying on the ground immobile.

Cunanan was taken to a local hospital but was later transferred to a medical facility in Pampanga province where he was undergoing treatment.

Authorities have cautioned the public against getting near live or overhead wires to avoid electric shock. INQ


1 dead, 3 hurt due to electrocution in Quezon town

Village exec electrocuted in Camarines Sur

2 dead from toxic chemicals inhalation, 1 electrocuted in Batangas