Pagasa: LPA enters PAR, to cause widespread rain in PH
MANILA, Philippines — The low-pressure area (LPA) that entered the Philippine area of responsibility before dawn Tuesday is forecast to bring extensive rain to the country, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said.
Based on Pagasa’s bulletin issued at 4 a.m. on January 10, the LPA was last spotted 705 kilometers east of Davao City.
“Sa kasalukuyan po, hindi natin inaalis ang posibilidad na ito ay maging bagyo pero sa kasalukuyan din, base sa ating pinakahuling datos, medyo maliit pa ‘yung tsansa na ito ay lumakas o mabuo. Bagamat gayon ang scenario na nakikita natin ngayon, inaasahan pa rin natin na magiging maulan sa malaking bahagi ng Visayas, Mindanao, gayundin sa ilang bahagi ng Bicol Region, dulot nitong low pressure area,” said Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina.
(At present, we are not removing the possibility that it will become a tropical cyclone but right now, based on our latest data, the chances of it intensifying or forming are still slim. Despite this scenario we are seeing now, we are still expecting that it will be rainy over a large portion of Visayas, Mindanao, as well as several parts of the Bicol Region due to this LPA.)
Meanwhile, the northeast monsoon, which is locally known as amihan, is seen to cause cloudy skies with rain in Cagayan Valley, Quezon, Aurora, Marinduque, and parts of Bicol, according to Pagasa.
Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, on the other hand, will have generally fair weather although the northeast monsoon is predicted to bring light rains in these areas, Pagasa added.
Additionally, the state weather service warned of strong to gale-force winds associated with the northeast monsoon along the country’s eastern seaboard. Hence, Pagasa hoisted gale warnings over the eastern coast of the Philippines.
Pagasa likewise issued the following key temperature ranges in various parts of the country for Tuesday:
- Metro Manila: 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 13 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 19 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 19 to 27 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 20 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.