PH to have fair weather with chances of rain on Wednesday
MANILA, Philippines — Metro Manila and most parts of the country will experience generally fair weather with chances of rain on Wednesday, said the state weather bureau in its latest forecast.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) also said that the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) is affecting Caraga, Davao Region, and Leyte Provinces.
“Malaking bahagi ng bansa natin ay patuloy na makakaranas ng maaliwalas na panahon, pero posible pa rin ang isolated rain showers and thunderstorms, partikular na dito sa bahagi ng Luzon, at ng Kabisayaan.
Habang makikita niyo ang intertropical convergence zone o ITCZ ay nakakaapekto pa rin sa bahagi ng Mindanao, kung saan inaasahan natin ang malaking tsansa ng pag-ulan, partikular na dito sa mga lalawigan sa Leyte Island, gayundin sa bahagi ng Caraga, at Davao Region,” explained Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina.
(A large part of our country will continue to experience clear skies with possible isolated rain showers and thunderstorms, particularly in Luzon and Visayas.
Meanwhile, you can see the intertropical convergence zone or ITCZ is affecting parts of Mindanao, where we are expecting a large chance of rain, particularly in the area of Leyte Island, as well as Caraga and Davao Region).
According to Badrina, Pagasa is not monitoring any low pressure area and the chances of one forming in the country within the week are slim.
For areas affected by heavy rain, Pagasa warned of possible rain or flash floods. No gale warnings were raised for Wednesday, said Badrina.
Pagasa listed these temperature ranges in the following areas:
- Metro Manila — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 26 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius