Trough of LPA to bring rain over Visayas, Mindanao on Wednesday — Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The trough of the low-pressure area (LPA) located east of Visayas will bring rain over the entire Visayas and Mindanao on Wednesday, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
According to Pagasa weather specialist John Rey Bagalonan, the LPA was last spotted 815 kilometers east of Eastern Visayas and added that it might develop into a tropical depression within the next 24 hours.
“Sa Visayas at Mindanao asahan natin magiging maulap pa rin ang kalangitan na may pagkidlat at pagkulog dahil sa trough ng LPA,” said Bagalonan.
(In Visayas and Mindanao, expect cloudy skies, lightning and thunder due to the trough of the LPA.)
Meanwhile, parts of Luzon will also experience rain and cloudy weather, specifically the Bicol Region, due to the effects of the shear line, while parts of Northern Luzon — Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon and Southern Tagalog — will also experience similar weather due to the northeast monsoon, locally known as the “amihan.”
“Pagdating dito sa Palawan magiging generally fair weather ang panahon na may tiyansa ng pagulan na may pagkidlat at pagkulog dahil naman sa thunderstorms,” he added.
(Generally fair weather will then prevail over Palawan with chances of lightning, thunder and rain due to the thunderstorms.)
Gale warning also remains raised in the seaboards of Northern Luzon and the Eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon.
The state weather service said the temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Wednesday would be:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Rains, thunderstorms to prevail over parts of PH on Tuesday
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.