Neneng affected at least 27,500 in Northern Luzon – NDRRMC
MANILA, Philippines — Typhoon Neneng (international name: Nesat) has affected more than 27,500 people in Northern Luzon, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported Monday.
The agency’s latest situation report showed that 27,914 people, or 7,519 families, were affected by Neneng, which pummeled Luzon last week.
READ: Neneng batters Northern Luzon
Specifically, the NDRRMC said the typhoon-affected 18,334 people in Cagayan Valley; 6,598 in the Ilocos Region; 2,982 in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).
But there were no deaths, injuries, or missing persons recorded, the NDRRMC added.
Meanwhile, the agency said that a total of P436,098 worth of aid in the form of family food packs, and relief assistance were distributed to communities in the CAR.
It also noted that Neneng disrupted power supply in 28 cities and municipalities, but only six have so far been restored.
Neneng left the Philippine area of responsibility on Sunday night, but its trough or extension continues to bring rains over Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration.
Pagasa: Cloudy Monday with possible rain showers even as typhoon exits PAR
Tropical Depression Neneng is here – Pagasa
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.