Pagasa: Cloudy Monday with possible rain showers even as typhoon exits PAR
MANILA, Philippines — Rain showers are expected in parts of northern Luzon on Monday due to the trough or extension of Typhoon Neneng (international name: Nesat) which has exited the Philippine area of responsibility, according to the state weather bureau.
In its early morning forecast, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said overcast skies and scattered rain showers are expected in Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur as a result of Neneng’s trough.
The southwesterly surface wind flow, meanwhile, will trigger rains in Occidental Mindoro, Palawan, and Western Visayas.
“Dahil sa hangin na nagmumula sa timog kanluran, asahan po natin ang maulap na kalangitan na may mga kalat-kalat na pag-ulan at thunderstorm,” Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio said.
(Expect cloudy skies, as well as scattered rains and thunderstorms, due to the southwesterly surface wind flow.)
He added that fair weather with possible rain showers in the afternoon and evening may prevail in Metro Manila and the rest of the country.
Aurelio also said a gale warning remains raised over the northern and western seaboards of Northern Luzon, particularly in Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, and Pangasinan.
“Automatic po na kapag may gale warning, bawal pong pumalaot ang ating mga kababayan dahil sa matataas na alon. Ang taas ng alon po, umaabot nang hanggang 4.5 meters,” he explained.
(It’s automatic that when a gale warning is hoisted, setting sail is prohibited due to big waves that may reach up to 4.5 meters.)
Forecast temperature range in key cities / areas on Monday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
171 families flee as Neneng causes floods in Cagayan
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.