Cloudy skies with rain showers to prevail over parts of PH
MANILA, Philippines — Parts of the Philippines will experience cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers on Wednesday, according to the state weather bureau.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said this is due to the effects of the easterlies and the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ).
“Itong easterlies, o yung hangin na nagmumula sa Karagatang Pasipiko ay nakakaapekto partikular sa bahagyang Luzon at Visayas, habang [ITCZ] naman ang nakakaapekto sa bahagi ng Mindanao,” said Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina in the bureau’s morning weather forecast.
(These easterlies, or the wind coming from the Pacific Ocean, will affect parts of Luzon and Visayas while the ITCZ will affect parts of Mindanao).
According to Pagasa’s latest bulletin, the easterlies will cause cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms in Aurora and Isabela.
Meanwhile, Caraga, the Davao Region, Zamboanga Peninsula, Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-Tawi will also have cloudy skies with rain and thunderstorms due to the ITCZ, said Pagasa.
State meteorologist said that Metro Manila and the rest of the country will experience generally fair weather, with partly cloudy skies with chances of isolated rainshowers due to localized thunderstorms.
Pagasa cautioned that areas affected by heavy rains may experience flash floods and landslides.
The state weather bureau listed these temperature ranges in the following cities and areas on Friday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Fair weather throughout PH on Wednesday — Pagasa
Pagasa: Fair Monday weather in most parts of PH
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.