Pagasa: Fair Monday weather in most parts of PH
MANILA, Philippines — Scattered rain showers will persist in Isabela, Aurora, Quezon, and Bicol Region due to the easterlies, while fair weather is expected in the rest of the country, the state weather bureau said on Monday.
In its early morning update, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said the easterlies are affecting the eastern parts of Luzon and Visayas, while the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) is affecting Mindanao.
“Dahil sa easterlies, inaasahan po natin ang maulap na kalangitan na may kalat-kalat na pag-ulan at thunderstorm sa Isabela, Aurora, Quezon, at kasama na rin ang Bicol region,” Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio said.
(We’re expecting overcast skies with scattered rains and thunderstorms in Isabela, Aurora, Quezon, and the Bicol region because of the easterlies.)
He added that ITCZ-induced fair weather with possible rain showers are expected in the remaining parts of the country, including Metro Manila.
*Forecast temperature range in the following key cities / areas on Monday:
- Metro Manila — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 27 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.