Easterlies to affect Aurora, Quezon; fair weather elsewhere – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The areas of Aurora and Quezon on Tuesday are forecast to experience overcast skies due to the effects of the easterlies, while the rest of the country will have generally fair weather, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Dahil pa rin sa easterlies, sa bahagi ng Aurora at Quezon magiging maulap pa rin ang panahon bukas diyan at may kasama pa rin diyan na mahihina hanggang katatamtaman kung minsa’y malalakas na buhos ng pagulan,” said Pagasa weather specialist Ana Clauren-Jorda.
(However, because of the easterlies, clouds and light to moderate to heavy rain showers will persist in Aurora and Quezon Tuesday.)
“Sa Metro Manila at nalalabing bahagi ng Luzon generally maaliwalas ang panahon, ngunit sa hapon at gabi maging handa pa rin tayo sa posibilidad ng isolated rain dala ng easterlies o thunderstorms,” she added.
(In Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, the weather is generally clear, but in the afternoon and evening, we should still be prepared for the possibility of isolated rain brought by easterlies or thunderstorms.)
Meanwhile, generally fair weather is likewise expected over Visayas and Mindanao with chances of isolated rain in the afternoon and evening.
Neither low-pressure areas nor tropical cyclones are monitored by Pagasa at this time, according to Clauren-Jorda.
No gale warning is raised in any part of the country’s surrounding coasts and in-land seas.
The state weather service said the temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Tuesday will be:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.