8 dead due to Karding — NDRRMC
MANILA, Philippines — Eight people were killed during Typhoon Karding’s onslaught over the weekend, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) spokesperson Raffy Alejandro said on Tuesday.
“In terms of casualties, this morning we tallied already a total of eight — five from Bulacan, two from Zambales, and one from Quezon,” Alejandro said over ANC.
He later clarified in a Viber message to reporters that he is pertaining to the total number of deaths.
The NDRRMC’s incident report said the five male rescuers who drowned while responding to flood-hit villages in San Miguel, Bulacan are among the recorded fatalities.
Alejandro also told reporters that three persons are still missing due to the typhoon.
Damage to infrastructure, meanwhile, stood at P3 million so far, the report also said, while damage to agriculture was at around P160 million, according to the Department of Agriculture.
Karding left the Philippine area of responsibility on Monday night, according to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration.
Luzon, including Metro Manila, bore the brunt of the former Super Typhoon.
Responding to appeals for help, the Inquirer is extending its relief efforts to the families affected by Typhoon Karding. Cash donations may be deposited in the Inquirer Foundation Corp. Banco De Oro (BDO) Current Account No.: 007960018860 and through Maya
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.