Pagasa: ‘Habagat’ – induced rain expected in most parts of PH on Sunday
MANILA, Philippines — The southwest monsoon or “habagat,” will continue to bring rain to the entire Visayas and parts of Luzon and Mindanao on Sunday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
The state weather bureau added that it is monitoring a low pressure area (LPA) outside the Philippine area of responsibility, some 980 kilometers off eastern Mindanao.
“Mababa pa naman ang tiyansa nito madevelop into a tropical cyclone, at for now wala pa itong direktang epekto sa ating bansa,” said Pagasa weather specialist Ezra Bulquerin.
(It has a low chance of developing into a tropical cyclone, and for now it has no direct impact on our country.)
Bulquerin said the southwest monsoon will bring overcast skies and rain over Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan, Batangas, Quezon and the Bicol region in the next 24 hours.
“Then dito sa Metro Manila at sa nalalabing bahagi ng Luzon fair weather condition with expected rain during the afternoon and evening,” said Bulquerin.
(In Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon fair weather conditions are expected with possible rain showers in the afternoon and evening.)
The entire Visayas and parts of Mindanao (Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao and Caraga region) will also experience overcast skies and rain due to the effects of the southwest monsoon.
The rest of Mindanao will have fairer weather.
No gale warning is raised as only slight to moderate sea conditions are expected.
Forecast temperature range in key cities/areas on Sunday are as follows:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 23 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.