More lawmakers elected to key posts as House looks to fill in vacancies
MANILA, Philippines — More House of Representatives officials have been named as committee memberships and leaderships have started to pan out, including key committees that would be crucial to forming the 2023 national budget.
The names of the additional Deputy Majority Floor Leaders were released by the House on Thursday:
- Isabela Rep. Antonio Albano
- Cagayan Rep. Ramon Nolasco Jr.
- Ang Probinsiyano Rep. Alfred Delos Santos
- Iloilo Rep. Janette Garin
- Mandaluyong City Rep. Neptali Gonzales II
- Manila Rep. Bienvenido Abante Jr.
The following were named Assistant Majority Leaders:
- Cebu Rep. Rhea Mae Gullas
- Bukidnon Rep. Laarni Roque
- Taguig Rep. Amparo Maria Zamora
- Sorsogon Rep. Marie Bernadette Escudero
- Quezon Rep. Keith Micah Tan
- General Santos City Rep. Loreto Acharon
- Sorsogon Rep. Manuel Fortes, Jr.
- Kalinga party-list Rep. Irene Gay Saulog
- ACT-CIS Rep. Jeffrey Soriano
- Zamboanga del Sur Rep. Jeyzel Victoria Yu
These are other names to complete the House leadership, aside from those mentioned during Wednesday’s plenary session where Bohol 3rd District Rep. Kristine Alexie Tutor and San Jose del Monte City Rep. Florida Robes were also nominated as chairperson of the Civil Service and Professional Regulation Committee and the Good Government and Public Accountability, respectively.
Previously, both the Majority and the Minority also elected their members to the respective committees. The motions were approved after none objected to the proposals.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.