LIST: Road closures for 124th Independence Day commemoration
MANILA, Philippines — Some roads will be closed to give way for preparations and celebration of the 124th Independence Day on June 12, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced.
In an advisory on Tuesday, the MMDA said Bonifacio Monument Circle as well as portions of McArthur Highway, Samson Road, Rizal Avenue, and Edsa would be closed to traffic starting midnight of June 12.
“The road closure will be lifted until after the culmination of the activity,” said the MMDA.
Thus, the MMDA advised motorists to take the following alternate routes to avoid inconvenience:
- Vehicles coming from Sangandaan Samson Road going to Edsa and Manila will utilize Heroes Del 96 St., left turn to 10th Ave. to destination.
- Vehicles coming from Rizal Avenue to McArthur will be left turning to 10th Ave., right to Heroes Del 96 St., right to Samson Road left to Dagohoy, left to Caimito Road, right to Langka St. to destination.
- Vehicles going to Edsa will utilize 10th Ave. left to B. Serrano to Edsa.
- Vehicles coming from Edsa going Samson Road will turn right to McArthur then left turn to Gen. Pascual to destination.
- Vehicles coming from McArthur going Rizal Avenue and Samson Road will take Gen. Pascual to destination and vehicles going to Edsa will be using the zipper lane of Northbound, left turn on 8th Street, and left turn to destination.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.