Dela Rosa warns errant anti-drug cops: 'I am your number one enemy' | Inquirer News
Close  
AFTER PARTNER OF MISSING E-SABONG OPERATOR ACCUSES POLICE OFFICERS OF ABDUCTION

Dela Rosa warns errant anti-drug cops: ‘I am your number one enemy’

/ 07:11 PM April 18, 2022
Dela Rosa warns errant anti-drug cops: 'I am your number one enemy'

FILE PHOTO: Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa. Photo from PRIB

MANILA, Philippines — Senator Ronald dela Rosa has warned anti-narcotic operatives of the Philippine National Police (PNP) that he will be their “number one enemy” should they use their positions for illegal activities.

Dela Rosa said this on Monday, after several officers previously assigned to the Regional Drug Enforcement Unit (RDEU) of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) have been implicated in the abduction of online cockfighting or e-sabong agents, which his committee had investigated.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the Senator, who was President Rodrigo Duterte’s first PNP chief and who was responsible for the initial implementation of the war against illegal drugs, he loves anti-drug operatives for their hard work.  However, he noted that criminal acts — if proven — would not be tolerated.

“Again, I would like to tell you, ha. Alam niyo kayong mga pulis lalong-lalo na kayong mga anti-drug operatives, it pains me kung malaman ko na kayo’y na-involve sa kalokohan dahil sa lahat ng kapulisan, supposed to be kayo ang pinakamahal ko, ‘yung mga anti-drug operators dahil diyan ako nakilala ng buong bansa at ng international community dahil sa ating war on drugs,” he said.

FEATURED STORIES

“Kaya ako, malaki ang utang na loob ko sa inyo, sa inyong pagsusumikap sa trabaho niyo sa war on drugs. But kinaklaro ko naman palagi, mahal ko man kayo pero ‘pag kayo’y gumawa ng kalokohan, I am your number one enemy. Prangkahan tayo. I am your number one enemy,” he added.

Dela Rosa reiterated his warning, saying that even if he admires anti-drug operatives who have risked their lives for the drug war, he would not hesitate to pin them down should they lend their hand to criminal activities.

“Pero ‘pag kayo’y gumagawa ng katinuan, I love you all. Ako’y humahanga sa inyo dahil sinusugal niyo ang buhay niyo diyan sa war on drugs. Alam ko, marami na sa kasamahan ninyo ang namatay, marami nang kasamahan ninyo ang nadisgrasya at maraming nagkakaso,” he said.

“Pero ‘pag kalokohan naman ang gagawin niyo, I am your number one enemy. Guaranteed ‘yan. So ‘yun lang ang gusto kong iparating sa inyo,” he explained.

During Monday’s hearing of the Senate committee on public order and dangerous drugs hearing on e-sabong, the partner of a certain Johnver Francisco — allegedly an operator of an online cockfighting franchise — accused at least six police officers of being behind Francisco’s abduction.

The woman identified the police officers who supposedly conspired with brothers Nicasio and Nicholas Manio to kidnap Francisco last April 18, 2021, as Lt. Col. Ryan Jay Orapa, SSgt. Denar Roda, Ssgt. Afredo Andes, Ssgt. Troy Paragas, Ssgt. Jovelyn Tamagos, and Natividad Alreg. They were part of the NCRPO’s RDEU, which Orapa used to head. Orapa said he is now with NCRPO’s Regional Holding Unit.

While Orapa and the other police officers, except Alreg, have denied knowing the Manio brothers, Francisco’s partner insisted that she has evidence to prove that they know each other — including a closed-circuit television camera footage showing the police officers and the siblings supposedly eating together.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Cops, other suspects deny involvement in e-sabong operators’ abduction

The woman also noted that even the NBI agents and investigators know that the Manios talked with the victims’ families to offer their help and promised coordination. She added that the siblings likewise told her that Francisco was buried in Laguna.

The hearing on the disappearance of e-sabong aficionados concluded also on Monday, with the committee recommending crafting a law that would institutionalize and regulate online cockfighting in the country.

E-sabong has been widely scrutinized in the Senate after several operators and agents involved in the gambling scheme were abducted by unknown individuals.  Several of the victims claimed that these were conducted by police officers, but none of the officers have admitted to the accusations.

RELATED STORIES

Kin face cops accused of abducting e-sabong agent

Cops identified as suspects behind missing e-sabong agent; CIDG readying raps 

EDV/KGA

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS:  PNP, Drug war, e-sabong, national Capital Region Police Office, NCRPO, online cockfighting, Phil‎ippine National Police, Philippine news updates, RDEU, Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, Senate, Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs, Senator Ronald dela Rosa
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.